Joy in Our Journey

"The simple things in life are always most important"

Sunday, March 13, 2011

I have wondered more the true meaning of "perfection" and what that really entails. Does it truly mean we have to be perfect, and never make a mistake? I was reminded of this lately when I did make a mistake and felt whenever I saw this person all I cold see was how I wronged them. Almost like all the good I ever did was being smothered by this grey memory of my mistake . Literally like a dark grey spot hampering my vision to what was truly going on. But, I know in my heart The Lord does not require this of us. And though I have come leaps and bounds from when I was younger, I still know I have a long way to go before truly relying "wholly upon Him who is mighty to save." So more than ever before I have come to learn that true perfection is realizing how imperfect you are and then trusting fully in Him. Realizing that we cannot and will not make it alone no matter how much good we do, how many scriptures we read, and how many service projects we take part in (or may I put in how many children we have, how perfectly clean our home is with little children, or how physically fit we are despite having 10 kids). We can't. And that I believe is the true meaning of perfection. Realizing we too need the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Cecily, you've really given me something to think about. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete