Joy in Our Journey

"The simple things in life are always most important"

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Some of our fun in Summer


Nathan turned 4? Where did the time go? So here is my littlest best bud at his friend party in September. My kids grow too fast. I try to sprinkle magic on them every night- but it isn't working. Nathan's friend party was a Lightning McQueen, and Natie also picked out some construction themed stuff as well. (I love that he still loves that!) We swam in a pool in the backyard, had snacks and pinnatta, but mainly I just wanted to let Nathan play with what he wanted and do what he wanted to do.

In June Ben officially turned 11. I threw him a "favorite things" party where we just did and ate a bunch of his favorite things. So Harry Potter was mixed in with Star wars, he had pumpkin juice and pizza, and many more of Ben's favorite things. I think a favorite of Ben's and his friends though was chasing the girls with nerf guns at the park. (Is he really this old yet?)

In May, Brigham surprised me and took me to Zion's. We hiked, talked, ate at some great places, relaxed and enjoyed each other. It was wonderful. And thanks to my dear for setting that all up- it meant a lot!!
Then in July our Family took a vacation to Yellowstone where we spent about a week, hiking, swimming, and seeing so many of the amazing things there. My personal favorite was hearing the kids gasp when they saw the first sign of the massive heat under this whole amazing place. (We were driving in and saw these hills of steam, and the kids were clearly impressed). That's why I wanted to take our family there!


No comments:

Post a Comment